Nov 9, 2011

3 For Thursday, Week 6 Winner @redshirt6!

Winners!!!

 Week 6 entries
SelectionVotes 
His Beloved-@SiobhanMuir 17%
Gone But Not Forgotten-@caramichaels 0%
The Letter-@redshirt6 33%
Breath-@DL_Thurston 33%
Preparation for War-@MLGammella 17%
6 votes total 
pollcode.com free polls


This weeks challenge saw five story entries:

  • Cara Michaels (@caramichaels) - Blind Challenge
  • Siobhan Muir (@SiobhanMuir) - Blind Challenge
  • Robert Hilliard (@redshirt6) - ===Speed Challenge
  • DL Thurston (@DL_Thurston)  - ===Speed Challenge
  • Miranda Gammella (@MLGammella) - ===Speed Challenge
And five awesome stories too!

Of the two entries for the Blind Challenge, Siobhan Muir got the most votes for her story:

His Beloved
By Siobhan Muir @SiobhanMuir

Dearest Cynthia,

I miss you so much, it feels like my heart has stopped beating in my chest. Each breath I take slides into my lungs with the sharpness of broken glass and my ribs hurt with the effort. When you left to go visit your folks in Saskatchewan, I thought it would only last a couple of weeks, but as it turned into months, the time has dragged me through my days like I’m trudging through sludge. My whole body aches with the effort to move. Waking up is almost as painful as dreaming of you with me.

Yesterday, Mrs. Crenshaw pruned her roses for winter, the ones you love so much because they smell like your perfume. Every breath I take is full of your scent when I walk past her yard waste bags warming in the waning sun of autumn and it brings tears to my eyes. I cry so much from your absence my eyes sting like I致e washed them in vinegar and my abdomen cramps with my sobs. The scents of you and your little Chihuahua Kinzey are slowly fading and I scour the corners of the house for little mementos of your presences.

I’m surprised how much your absence affects me and what a difference it’s made now that you aren’t here. My house is so clean it sparkles and the stench of unwashed canine and dog shit is gone when I walk through the door. I don’t find random hairs woven into my mustache; my couch is free of the fur that works its way into all my good dress pants. I’m breathing easily for the first time in years and your decision to stay home longer warms my heart. I’m sure your parents are thrilled. I know I am.

Sincerely, Kurt

There were three entries for the Speed Challenge with a tie between @DL_Thurston and @redshirt6.  Both stories were fantastic however for the speed challenge I tip my hat to @DL_Thurston.  He really nailed the prompt with his Zombie story, loved it!

Breath

By DL Thurston @DL_Thurston

Every breath I take is one more gone. Right now they're coming fast. Because the creatures are coming fast. A few more breaths will get me to cover. A few more will give me time to fight back. Just a few more breaths...

Hands on my arms.

Teeth on my legs.

I fall and the breath is knocked out of me. So few left now. I kick at them, but I know it's too late. The stupor already flows through my body. My brain screams against the infection.

They leave.

I get up.

I walk.

Even with no breath left.




But fear not Robert, you are the BIG WINNER! I loved your letter and it's humour, very well written and tons of fun!

The Letter
By Robert Hilliard @redshirt6


My Dearest Wife,

I will be brief. If you are reading this then my life has ended under suspicious circumstances.

I discovered the plot you and your lover had concocted. It was truly inspirational! I would not have lived much longer anyway, but I guess you couldn’t wait. Youth, always in such a rush.

By now your fingers are surely burning as a result of the contact poison in which this paper was soaked. Fear not! The antidote is available to you.

It is in the same location as the murder weapon you buried.

My regards to Sheriff Wimbsley please.
-----
Not only does he get a beautiful badge but also gets to choose this weeks special prompt which will air at 11:00 est Tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Forget your Twitter Handle or e-mail address and a title (title doesn't count towards word count)!